Map complex Business Services with no extra agents, using SCOM
What if you could map your ServiceNow business services in a matter of minutes using the infrastructure discovery platform you already have?
Service maps enable you relate infrastructure health with service availability, creating service awareness across all your IT operations, improving uptime and dramatically reducing MTTR.
- How will maintenance on this server affect my users?
- Why is end user performance suffering on this service?
- What’s the priority of this infrastructure alert?
All of these critical operational questions can be answered using service maps!
Unfortunately, service mapping is often an expensive and time-consuming process:
- MID servers or other probes need to be deployed across the infrastructure
- Firewalls need traversing and security accounts configured
- Significant time is needed from subject matter experts
- Results are noisy and difficult to identify true application dependencies
The ServiceNow Service Mapping Connector offers a practical solution: it leverages your existing Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) agents to perform the data collection and combines this with an intuitive application diagramming experience that makes service mapping simple and successful.
- Complete your mapping project ahead of time with no new agents to deploy, no new databases and no new security configuration.
- Build accurate, understandable and actionable maps using our innovative Visual Application Discovery and Analysis (VADA) user experience.
- Keep costs low by leveraging your existing investments in System Center Operations Manager.